The Public is increasingly aware of food safety issues in the restaurant industry. As the premier distributor of a line of fresh and frozen seafood products, Sun Ocean Ltd is an industry leader in food safety as well. Our customers can feel confident knowing that they are receiving products that are processed using the strictest standards of hygiene, safety and quality control.
Some examples of standards we adhere:
- On arrival, the temperature of each fish is measured & recorded. Any tuna with a temperature higher than 40°F is rejected.
- All fresh fish products are iced down to maintain quality.
- Wearing sanitary gloves is required when handling fish.
- During food handling, hands must be washed and sanitized regularly. Protective lab coats and hairnets must be worn.
- The warehouse is thoroughly cleaned before and after each workday.
- Storage temperatures are monitored 24/7.
- Handled with care and packed to maintain freshness, we deliver superior products direct to our customers’ doors daily via our fleet of refrigerated trucks.
NSF Quality Assurance: Certificate of Conformity
Quality Assurance NSF-CMI is a system of internationally recognized quality standards that addresses food safety through the analysis and control of potential hazards — from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
Sun Ocean Ltd (True world foods UK) is regularly inspected by EHO to assure continued NSF compliance. Internal NSF procedures are regularly monitored by Sun Ocean Ltd NSF Team. (Formerly CMi) (HACCP)